A dental implant procedure is a surgical procedure that involves replacing the root of the tooth with metal posts. The best orthodontist near me use dental implants to replace damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth that look and work just like natural teeth. Dental implant surgery is an effective and great alternative to ill-fitting dentures or bridgework. It is a great solution when there aren't enough natural tooth roots to support bridgework tooth replacements or dentures.
How they will perform the surgery will depend on the condition of your jawbone and the type of dental implant. According to the emergency dentists near me, Dental surgery may involve several different procedures. The main advantage or benefit of implants is that they provide sturdy and stable support for your new teeth, which requires the bone to repair securely around the dental implant. Because the bone regeneration process takes time, it can take several months to complete.
Why do they perform Dental implant surgery?
The surgical procedure of a dental implant takes place in your jawbone. The dental implant Houston tx place these implants into your jawbone, where they act as the roots of the missing teeth. Fixed bridgework or dentures may slip, generate noise, or cause bone injury because the titanium in the implant bonds with your jawbone. The material won't decay or damage like your own teeth that support regular bridgework can. Generally, dental implants may be suitable for you if you.
- Have a jawbone that reached its total growth
- Have one or more missing teeth
- If you have healthy oral nerves and tissues
- Got an adequate bone to secure the dental implants or can get a bone graft
- If you don't want to or are unable to wear dentures
- Don't have critical health issues that can affect bone healing.
- Don't smoke cigarettes and tobacco.
- Willing to commit or spend several months on the process
Explain the process of placing dental implants
To place the dental implants, your dental surgeon will make a cut to open the gums and expose the bone. They drill holes into the bone to place dental implant metal posts. Dentists who perform dental implant near me need to implant the post deep into the bone as it would serve as the tooth root. You'll still have a gap where your tooth is gone. Dentists may use a temporary partial denture for aesthetics if they feel necessary. They will take the denture out for cleaning and sleeping.
What are the possible risks involved in dental implant procedures?
Like any surgery, dental implants also carry some risks and complications. Although problems are pretty rare, and even if they do occur, you can tackle them easily with the help of dental treatment. According to the dentists who does dental implant in Houston, the risks and complications may include
- Damage or injury to nearby tooth structures, such as other nerves, teeth, or blood vessels
- Infection and pain around the implant
- you may experience sinus difficulties when dental implants in the upper jaw extend into one of your sinus cavities,
- Nerve damage in your natural teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or chin can cause pain, numbness, or a tingling sensation.
We hope the above-given article helps you learn some valuable and beneficial information regarding dental implants. The above article discusses various important aspects and factors associated with dental implants. For a deeper dive into dental implants, please check out urbndental.com.