The most popular procedure of the best cosmetic dentistry near me today is in-office, professional teeth whitening. Applying a reasonably high concentration of bleaching gel under controlled, safe, and painless settings in an office environment produces immediately noticeable results. Unlike systems for use at home, which include low-dose bleaching agents. The main advantage of in-office professional teeth whitening near me is a significant color change in a short amount of time.
Following this technique, a dentist near me open Saturday, or a skilled technician applies a gel with a reasonably high concentration of peroxide to the teeth after protecting the gums with a paint-on rubber dam. Typically, the peroxide stays on the teeth for one hour over many intervals of 15 to 20 minutes. Those with tough stains may be asked to use a home-use bleaching system or given the option of returning for one or more further bleaching sessions.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of professional teeth whitening?
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of professional teeth whitening treatment:
- Outcomes in the quickest.
- This type of bleaching is the safest.
- Due to thicker peroxide gels and desensitizers such as potassium nitrate and fluoride, gum and tooth sensitivity, which were once downsides to in-office bleaching, are now more manageable.
- Pricey compared to choices for takeout.
- Several variables can affect the outcome, including age, heredity, and present staining.
- Bleaching done inside the office is a temporary fix.
- The teeth start developing stains again soon after the treatment is over.
How to know if you are a prospect for teeth whitening?
The following criteria make this operation unsuitable for you:
- Hypersensitive gums and teeth. Your Orthodontist Houston may suggest take-home bleaching trays since carbamide peroxide is less strong than hydrogen peroxide and is less likely to cause a hypersensitivity reaction.
- Deep and persistent staining. High-concentration office bleaches can't remove all stains. Affordable dentistry near me could advise a carefully monitored at-home bleaching treatment or peroxide bleaching options such as bonding, crowns, or veneers.
- Teeth that have aged into transparency. The front teeth, which are already thin, are an excellent example.
How to prep the teeth?
- They will probably perform a preventative cleaning of your teeth to remove plaque and other particles accumulated on the surface and between the teeth.
- Dentists will conduct a dental checkup to look for future issues, including severe tooth decay, cracks, and gum disease. If these circumstances exist, bleaches may irritate you to varying degrees. Your dentist will most likely postpone the treatment procedure until they resolve these problems.
- Your teeth's color could be measured using a shade chart using photos. It serves as a benchmark for evaluating your advancement.
How can we maintain teeth whitening results?
Dentists at affordable dentistry near me are likely to advise the following to maintain freshly whitened teeth longer:
- Follow-up or maintenance whitening can be done at home immediately or as infrequently as once a year.
- After teeth whitening, refrain from consuming anything with a dark tint for at least a week.
- Drink dark-colored beverages using a straw whenever possible.
- Maintaining good dental hygiene includes brushing and flossing after meals and at bedtime.
The above-provided details will help you learn some beneficial and valuable things regarding professional teeth whitening. For more helpful information, please visit urbndental.com.